Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Emmett's 3-Year Update


Since I am still recovering from Covid today on Emmett's 3rd birthday, I just did not have the energy to pose him for his regular picture on the light brown chair in the living room.  As a result, this darling picture that I took of him playing in the snow at Priest Lake a few weeks ago will have to do.  It's hard to believe that this little guy is officially 3 years old today.  He is such a funny boy with such a big personality.  He constantly talks and has an excellent vocabulary.  He says funny things every day and keeps us laughing.  He is also huge to say the least.  He was in the 91st percentile for height and 92nd for weight at his 3-year check-up.  As a result, he looks older than his age.  He continues to eat like a champ for the most part and loves to eat multiple snacks a day in between meals.  He still takes a two to three hour nap every afternoon which is a major life saver for me and is still doing a much better job at sleeping at night from around 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. most days.  He rarely wakes up in the middle of the night anymore and, when he does, he almost never needs to be rocked in the recliner chair.  Hooray! 
After pulling his pacifier from his night time sleep routine the first week of Christmas break in December, he only needed Ron to rock him for comfort before putting him to bed the first few nights.  After the first week, he was totally fine going to be bed without his pacifier.  Unfortunately, I caved after one day of listening to Emmett struggle to fall asleep at naptime and gave him his pacifier back for his naps.  I know that this was not the best thing to do, but I plan on taking away his ya ya for good after our big trip to California in February.  In addition, Emmett forced upon me two big changes last week after the kids went back to school after Christmas break.  Within a matter of days of each other, he refused to sit in the high chair at meal time or sit in his huge car seat in the car.  As a result, he literally forced me to change him into sitting on a little booster chair at the kitchen table and Logan's old booster seat in the car.  Although I don't think that he is technically big or old enough to make the switch to a car booster seat, I have never bothered looking it up online.  If it is the only way that I am going to get him to cooperate and ride in the car with me, I really am not going to worry about it.  Plus, I love the ease and convenience of travelling with a small booster seat as opposed to the massive car seat.  So, as far as I am concerned, it's a win win.  I still just think it is so funny that Emmett decided that it was time for these changes and not me.  He did the exact same thing this past September when HE was the one that decided that it was time for me to potty train him.  What a funny kid.  
Besides these milestone changes, Emmett still loves trains, trucks, and all things construction.  He loves playing with toys like his little trains or cars and also likes puzzles, coloring, and reading books.  He thoroughly enjoys any one-on-one attention he can get from any of his siblings or me.  He also loves his TV time every day and is now enjoying watching a program every day from Disney Plus that his Aunt Austin and Uncle Robbie gave the kids as a joint birthday gift this year.  His favorites are "Bluey" and the Spiderman cartoon series.  Emmett also still loves playing with his friends, Luke and Calvin, and asks weekly if he can see them.  If the weather cooperates, he loves playing outside riding his bike on the sidewalk in front of our house of playing on the playground in our backyard.  If he is fed, rested, and getting his way, Emmett is really one of the happiest 3-year old boys around!  We love you, Emmy Bemms!

No comments:

Post a Comment