Thursday, March 31, 2022

Ella's 8th Birthday!

We wrapped up celebrating Ella's 8th birthday today with two days of celebrating.  Since Lia's big, Spring choir concert at school was scheduled for Ella's birthday, I planned to host her family party on March 30th.  Since my dad still is not feeling that well, he stayed home while my mom came and spent the afternoon and evening with us.  After helping me sew ten little pillows for Ella's friend party this coming Saturday, my mom took the three younger children outside to play in the backyard after Ella and Logan got home from school.  Since it was a beautiful spring day, this turned out to be the perfect thing while I stayed inside and made dinner.  Ella requested her favorite dinner of ham and homemade mac 'n cheese with several sides and a chocolate cream pie for dessert.  The seven of us enjoyed a fun evening of eating dinner, opening presents, and eating dessert.  Ella's big gift this year was receiving the American Girl Doll of the Year 2022, named Corinne Tan, who she has been asking for ever since she was released on January 1st.  Since this Chinese-American doll is so cute and unique, I couldn't resist and ended up buying her on a sale in January.  Needless to say, Ella was so excited to receive her.  She also loved getting a Rapunzel-themed bow and arrow set, a miniature, Cinderella crystal slipper that she picked out at Disneyland last month, a sticker book, the Descendants 3 DVD, a set of Junie B. Jones chapter books, and a darling dress from grandma and grandpa.  Ella was so happy when I tucked her into bed for the last time as a 7-year old last night.  Today, I made Ella and the rest of the kiddos our traditional birthday breakfast of waffles with whipped cream, strawberries, and sprinkles and sent Ella off to school with a batch of Frozen-themed, blue cupcakes that I had also made the day before.  The rest of the day was "business as usual" for Ella as she had to go to school and then Lia's concert in the evening.  However, we still have her friend party coming this Saturday which she is super excited about!  


The family gathered around the dining room table enjoying dinner.


Ella smiling for the camera before opening up her gifts.


Ella's mouth opening in surprise as she unwraps her American Girl Doll.


A very happy girl hugging her new doll still in the box.


Ella proudly holding up her bow and arrow set that she spotted in the store while shopping with me months ago.


Ella reading grandma's birthday card out loud to the group.


Ella showing off the darling dress she got from grandma and grandpa.  She actually wore it to school today which was perfect since it was class picture day in addition to her birthday!


Since I am normally just running around behind the scenes on my children's birthdays, I try to make a point of getting at least one photo together.  Here is Ella and me with her new doll in hand.


Ella and Corinne.


Ella posing with her bow and arrow before we sang "Happy Birthday" to her.


Ella blowing out the last candle.


The picture I took of Ella asleep on the evening of March 30th as her last night as a 7-year old.  This is always such a bitter sweet moment for me as I watch my children grow by one more year.  It's all going by way too fast.


Ella and her doll with Emmett at her side getting ready to sing "Happy Birthday" at breakfast today.  Please note that I had to make a little waffle for her doll to eat on a little plate on a little table that Ella set up for her on the kitchen table this morning.  Ella is still so cute at this age!


Sweet Ella smiling before blowing out her candles.


Ella heading off to school with her cupcakes in hand.
Happy Birthday, Ella Avalon! We sure love you and all of the spunk, fun, and laughter that you bring to our family!  Life would definitely not be the same without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment