Friday, April 14, 2023

A Final Family Skoarding Day!

Since we are in saving-mode for our big trip this summer, I made the decision to make this the simplest Spring Break of our family's career.  As a result, we stayed in town and did very little in the way activities that cost us money.  However, the one exception we made was to go skiing one last time as a family before the resorts closed down for the season.  As always, I delivered Emmett to my dad the night before and got everyone else to bed at a decent hour for our early wakeup today.  We headed out at 7:15 in the morning and were thrilled to see that the day's forecast was for sunshine and blue skies!  We then enjoyed a wonderful morning skoarding together on the big runs at the top of White Pass with beautiful views of the mountains around us.  The girls did great and, with some bribing, Logan kept it together and also had a decent attitude which is big improvement for him.  We then broke for a late lunch and returned to the car around 1:30.  Like last time, we allowed the kids to spend the afternoon together skoarding on the beginner run while Ron and I enjoyed the rest of the day at the top of the mountain.  Although we have only had the chance to do this two times, I just love being able to skoard with my three kids and husband together!  It is so much better than being divided as a family on the mountain.  I am loving this little chapter of our lives and hope my parents will agree to watch Emmett one more year before we bring him up for the first time.


The kids with the stunning mountains in the background.


Lia skiing...


Ella skiing...


And Logan boarding...


A group shot of the kids and me at the top of one of the chairlifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment