Saturday, January 6, 2024

Logan's First Basketball Game of the Season

Although I know that I promised Logan last year that he was done with playing basketball forever, I went back on my word this fall when registration opened up again for this winter.  Although Logan does not love basketball, it is the only sport that is available to him during these long, dark, and rainy months of the winter season.  Since his favorite Coach Ben was going to be coaching again and his two closest friends, Bennett and Benton, were going to be playing again, I talked it over with Logan and convinced him to register for one more year.  I promised him that this really would be his last season playing basketball as next year we plan on transitioning him from soccer and basketball to running cross country and track.  So, although I know it's not his favorite sport, I am grateful for Logan's willing attitude and for the opportunity it gives him two days a week to get out of the house and exercise.  
I was able to join Ron and Emmett for the first half of Logan's first game today.  I had to slip out early to pick Ella up from gymnastics and take her to NWTL for her audition for the winter musical, Annie.  I enjoyed sitting on the sidelines with my other boys to cheer Logan on.  Although he didn't make a basket, he did a great job on defense, especially since he was guarding a boy almost twice his size.  Logan hustled back and forth and gave it his all.  I hope that this season doesn't turn out to be too painful for him and that he can just enjoy being with some friends and getting some exercise during these dreary, winter months!


Logan trying to block a player attempting to shoot a basket.


Going for a rebound.


Logan attempting to guard the player who was much larger than him.


Running down the court.


Going for another rebound.


Logan shooting the ball to another player on his team.


Logan trying to block the ball as his opponent throws it back into the game.


Logan looking for a teammate to pass the ball to.


Chasing the ball down the court.


Blocking a throw.


Logan holding the ball during a timeout.

No comments:

Post a Comment