Monday, April 8, 2024

A Spring Break Ski Day

I asked my parents if they would be available to watch Emmett one last time this ski season during our spring break IF there was enough snow at White Pass.  Luckily, the snow lasted until the second week of April and a big storm even came through last weekend, giving us a glorious, powdered-covered mountain to play in all day long.  Sadly, Ella came down with some sort of flu bug two days ago.  As a result, we decided not to risk it and asked if she could also spend the night at my parents' house so that she didn't end up hijacking our family ski day.  So, as sad as I was to have Ella finish off her 23-24 ski season with only one day under her belt instead of the four days I had planned, I was grateful that my parents agreed to watch her.  As a result, just Logan and Lia joined Ron and me for our long day up at White Pass.  Since we were able to go skoarding together on a Monday during the second week of April, we were blown away by how empty the mountain was all day long.  We never had to wait in line at a single chair lift and loved all of the fresh snow.  Ron and I were able to convince the two kids to follow us into the powder off in the trees several times and it was so fun watching them navigate this unfamiliar and fluffy snow.  Overall, it was a wonderful day and I am so grateful for one last chance to get up to the mountain before the snow melts away until next season!


Logan, Lia, and Ron at the top of the Couloir run.


Ron snowboarding with no one around him and beautiful, snow-covered trees in the background.


Lia following Ron down the run.


The kids and me at the top of the mountain with trees completely covered in snow behind us.


Logan cruising down the hill.


Lia and Logan.


The kids and me.


A stunning picture I was able to catch of Logan snowboarding through some powder in the trees.


The kids following Ron through the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment