Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Award Assembly for Ella

 A few times a year, our children's elementary school hosts an awards assembly for all of the students and the families of the children who are recipients of the awards.  Our children have been nominated several times over the years and I have never missed an assembly.  Since the pandemic, our school switched from sending home letters announcing when your child has been selected to sending an email.  Ella was chosen to receive an award for today's assembly, but unfortunately the email that was sent to me went to my spam folder instead of my inbox.  As a result, I never read the email and had no idea that this was going on today.  Emmett and I were totally free and could have gone to the school to cheer on Ella as she received her award.  So, you can imagine my surprise and also disappointment when a friend of mine texted me this picture a few minutes after the assembly was over.  I was so confused and sad when I realized what had happened.  Since Ella was going straight to gymnastics practice from school (and it wasn't my turn to drive), I wasn't going to see her until she got home at 8:30 tonight.  Luckily, I was able to talk to her over the phone as she drove to practice to explain the situation and apologize to her.  I was relieved to hear that Ella wasn't too disappointed and just thought that I was "too busy" to come to the assembly.  Although I still feel so bad about missing it, I am proud of Ella for receiving an award for being a "cooperative" student in her class.  She is such a diligent, respectful, and hardworking student at school and I am so proud of her and also happy for the fact that she was recognized today.  Way to go, Ella! 


Ella holding up her certificate after receiving it at the assembly.  
Her teacher wrote the following message on the certificate:
"Ella works with her group members using enthusiasm and hard work.  She is friendly and gets along with all of her peers in the classroom and even beyond the classroom by setting a positive example at Shaw Road."

No comments:

Post a Comment