Friday, October 9, 2009

Munny's M.I.A.

So, you know how Lia is attached at the hip with her stuffed bunny rabbit that she calls "munny?" In the past week or two, this attachment has gotten ridiculous. She can't go anywhere without that little thing! As a result, munny is no longer the soft, fuzzy, glowy-white bunny that she used to be. She has started to acquire a dull-grey, dingy color and is picking up all sorts of fun little stains around the house and yard. In order to curb this premature aging, I decided to throw munny in the wash tonight. Lia was very leery of me smothering munny with Spray 'N Wash and hesitantly let me throw her in the washing machine after I explained numerous times that she was just "getting a bath." However, Lia's patience ran out when she spotted me secretly transferring munny from the washer into the dryer (I swear, that girl has eyes in the back of her head). Munny only lasted in the dryer for a few minutes due the to sequence of events that you find below...

A full-blown crying, tearing, screaming, hyperventilating tantrum broke out as the dryer door was closed.

The tantrum then traveled to the floor.

After five minutes, we couldn't take the heartache any longer and munny was prematurely removed from the dryer in a semi-wet state. The happy couple was reunited at last.

7 comments:

  1. I'm just glad that you stopped to get photographic evidence of the meltdown for future reference. And I'm glad that Lia seems to have recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have 2 used-to-be pink, now somewhat brownish, flamingos like that in our house! Lacey has been attached to them since she was 6 months. Everywhere we go, we get comments like "Well, those look well-loved." Thank heavens Tanner hasn't attached himself to anything yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha Ha Ha, I laughed so hard at this entry. I can totally relate. My three big kids are all attached to their baby Gund "Fluffles" which they still call "foofles" I have tried to order replacements for when they turn into a pile of thread, but they don't make them anymore! I even big on them on ebay but didn't win ever!! Weston is attached to his blanket from Babies R Us, so I very intelligently bought three spares. I trade them out every couple days so we'll never have to go through all that! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I've never seen Lia so upset. That's amazing. We have that same attachment to "black & white kitty" in our house - only kitty is now grey and black. The spray-n-wash stopped working years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, glad to see Gabe is not the only child that can throw fits like that. Except for him it's the binkie. I am trying to wean him...not going so well. Ya, James went back to get his masters in Heathcare administration. I was up til 2 rewriting his final research paper. SO he will get the diploma and I will do all the work. Lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pretty funny! Poor Lia looks so sad.

    p.s. you might be suprised (about Lia letting you braid her hair)...you should let me have a go at it sometime ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl- I had to delete your comment. I just hope I did before that girl saw it- they are 17 and still in highschool- they are getting married next year....it was a teen pregnancy apparently...

    ReplyDelete