Monday, October 5, 2009

Pie a la Mom

So, I have a few goals that I would like to accomplish in my lifetime and one of them is become just like my mom. In order to reach this goal, I must become proficient in all things domestic from baking to quilting to gardening to canning. As a full-time teacher, this goal was nothing but a dream floating around in the sky. As a part-time substitute teacher and mommy, it has become a bit more attainable. So, here is one of my attempts at emulating the domestic whiz in my life: baking a homemade rhubarb-strawberry pie (made from berries and rhubarb that I hand picked myself from my mom's and neighbor's garden) for YW in Excellence at church tomorrow night. Even though it doesn't look as good as my mother's finished product, here's to hoping that it will taste just as good...

4 comments:

  1. I have every confidence that it will taste equally as wonderful as Mama Mueller's pie. I only wish I was going to be one of your excellent young women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend! Sorry, things got a little crazy for us. We are in port Orchard, Justin works for the enemy :). Just kidding- he works up at Woodridge Dental for Dr. Rhuona, with two other dentists. And it is going great, so far so good. And i LOVE it here! This town is great. I think i saw your brother at Stake Conference. How are you guys doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good to me! I have always wanted to bake a pretty pie myself. While I will most likely never attain that goal, my pies are always delicious!! :) Your Mom tried to teach me to make my pie crust prettier when we were in YW but I just never got it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SOOOOOO glad one of my SIL's has set the goal of becoming like Liz! That takes so much pressure off of me to have to learn this stuff; now I can just call you for the next 40+ years when I have domestic questions. :-p (you think I'm kidding, but I'm not)

    ReplyDelete