Friday, October 30, 2009

Yard work for dental work?

I know, it's a pretty random title. So, please allow me to explain. My brother is a dentist. I had three cavities. Since my insurance company wanted to charge me 50 bucks a pop in co-pays, I decided to turn to the dentist in my inner circle for some help. However, as you know, nothing comes for free in this world. My brother had an ivy bed in his yard that he hated. He wanted to make it into a berry patch. So, he recruited the slave labor help from his childhood friend, Dan, (who needed a crown fixed) and me with this massive project. I drove over an hour this morning to spend many a back breaking hours ripping out ivy, putting down cardboard, and spreading several yards of dirt that my brother had delivered. In return, Dan and I both got top-notch dental service provided for free. The only catch was that we were each other's assistants while Dr. Chris worked on our teeth. Since neither of us have any professional training, it made for a comic afternoon in the dental chair. Take a lookie at the evidence below...

Dr. Tip and Dan ripping out ivy.

Me and my filthy pants (if you don't believe me, please zoom in) starting to spread the dirt.

Down at the dental office. Dan even dawned his own black, dental coat, latex gloves, and face mask. How official. I really should not have been looking that happy.

The friendly face that looked down on me during the drilling and filling.

Chris getting ready to shoot Dan up with some Novocaine. It took several of these to numb his iron mouth. Geez. I then proceeded to assist Chris with the drilling of a previous filling, the "building up" of the left-over hole, the taking of an impression, and the creating and placing of a temporary crown. Suction? You got it. Air? Coming right up. Water. Yup, right here. I think I missed my calling in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment