Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fall into Autumn...

Yesterday, while Ron was working on school work and homework, Lia and I braved the cold and ventured outside to do some annual autumn yard work: the raking of the leaves! We spent quite a bit of time yesterday gathering up the leaves that had fallen in our backyard and transferring them to our garden boxes that I had just ripped out earlier in the week. After attending to some of her domestic responsibilities in the kitchen of her playhouse, Lia eventually joined me in the leaves. Not sure what to make of all of this, she decided that running around me in circles would be the best use of her time. After I placed her in the pile of leaves, she still wasn't sure what to do with it all. It wasn't until after she discovered that she could be my assistant, that she finally found her purpose in all of this autumn madness.

Testing out the leaves with her pan and spatula in hand.

Trying out the sitting-down position.

The discovery of the rake brought on a whole new purpose to the afternoon!

Lia actually was quite a good helper. She dutifully followed me back and forth between the leaves and the gardens where she carefully helped transfer the leaves to and from the wheelbarrow. Such a good girl.

Last, but not least, I tried to get the classic autumn pose of child-laying-in-leaves. You can see for yourself what Lia thought of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment