Sunday, January 3, 2010

Is this a sure sign?

Lia's schedule is all off due to participating in the cousin madness of the past few days. As a result, she is not falling asleep at her regular bedtime of 8 pm. Since sleep was no where on her mind tonight, she had plenty of time to come up with alternative activities in her crib. After playing around for 1.5 hours, she finally started requesting our attention over the monitor at 9:30 pm. I went upstairs expecting to find her sucker or "nunny" lying on the floor or something else as innocent. Oh, how wrong I was. Much to my surprise, I found my daughter standing NAKED in her crib, holding her pajamas in one hand and her diaper in the other, in a pool of urine!!!! After the initial shock, I just burst out laughing! It was quite honestly one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. How on earth did she figure this all out!? After being chastised by Ron for my continued laughter (which was apparently encouraging our daughter's radical behavior), we got both Lia and her bed cleaned up. The only problem is that "nunny" had to make an emergency trip to the washing machine for some desperately needed sterilizing. We'll see if our little stripper can fall asleep tonight without it.

This is my only question for you.........is this is a sure sign of things to come?
P.S. I have not included a picture for OBVIOUS reasons!

6 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I can honestly say I haven't experienced that one! Little Houdini!
    So, are you excited for the Bachelor to start tonight????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha Ha.... no worries. Every kid goes through "the naked stage." And it's something fun that she can do, undress herself! We have found our kids naked in their cribs standing in their pee many many times! hee hee Aren't they fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very important distinction....was she just standing there, or was she giving it a little rump shake as well? That would make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, that is pretty funny! Dont worry I dont think you were encouraging it by laughing, all kids do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! Pajamas now go on backwards with the zipper up her back.

    Silly girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is be thankful that it wasn't no. 2. Kayla has started taking off her diaper when she's gone no 2 in it and just shows up asking for a clean diaper and a messy rear. Potty training is in the works but not yet completed. It's high on the priority list right now though. :)

    ReplyDelete