Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Twirling Beauty

Those of you who know me well, know that I am a chronic hair twirler. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I have been doing it for years. It's a total relaxation and/or concentration thing for me. I twirl my hair when I am laying on the couch or in bed or while reading or studying. I never could explain why I did this until I saw my daughter do it for the first time when she was SEVEN MONTHS old. It was then that I realized that it must be genetic! Ever since that fateful day, Lia, too, has been a chronic hair twirler. She starts doing it the second the sucker is placed into her mouth. Sucker = hair twirling. It's almost like pushing a button when you give her the pacifier as it is so automatic. Lia will often do this after being placed in her crib to go to bed. So, pictured above, you will see what I found last night when I went in Lia's room to check on her. Apparently, she had be in the midst of a double-twirl when she totally fell asleep. As a result, I found two "hair horns" coming out of her head with her hands nearby. Move over sleeping beauty; here comes twirling beauty!

3 comments:

  1. If you could bottle that relaxation technique....I would totally buy it, by the truckload! I am totally going to try the hair twirling thing during my next bout with insomnia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha, that is so cute! I always remember you twirling your hair. It's a cute habit.

    ReplyDelete