Saturday, January 16, 2010

She came, she saw, she conquered.

I am sure that I am being way overly optimistic, but I decided to try to start potty training Lia this past week. According to my mother, I was potty trained by the time I was 22 months old, so I always had high hopes that I would be able to accomplish the same potty miracle with my one daughter. So, I read up on some online tips, purchased some pull-ups and size 3 panties, armed my bathroom with stickers, and set out to accomplish the seemingly impossible with Lia. After FIVE days of what seemed like endless potty sessions where Lia and I sat on our respective toilets and colored, played with stickers (just check out the wall), looked at her "pretty panties," and discussed what actually belongs in the potty, Lia surprised us all tonight with a little puddle in her baby toilet. Much hooping and hollering and rewarding of Toy Story stickers ensued. It was quite an accomplishment for our little Potty Queen, but I'm sure that it was a total fluke as it'll probably be weeks, if not months, before this actually happens again!

3 comments:

  1. So, I'm a little jealous. My nearly 36 month old daughter has ZERO interest. Got the potty, got the chart and stickers, got the rewards (candy), but definitely DON'T HAVE the buy-in from my almost 3 year old! Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no advice on this...only encouragement.

    I just toss my dog out in the backyard every once and a while. Seems to work for us.

    ReplyDelete