Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Recap

It's hard to believe that Christmas 2010 has already come and gone. We had a simple, yet very enjoyable, holiday with my family this year. We went up to Issy to celebrate Christmas Eve with my parents and my local brothers and their families. We dined on my mother's traditional turkey dinner with all of the fixings before moving into the living room for the program portion of the evening. I convinced my wonderful hubby to spend the night at my parents' house (yet again) so that we could spend Christmas morning with them to open gifts and eat breakfast. I'm always a little bit sad to see Christmas go, but am looking forward to 2011 and what she brings! Here's a quick recap of the time spent at my parents' house.

My father graciously agreed to man seven grandkiddies in the kitchen so that the rest of the adults could enjoy a peaceful dinner in the dining room. WHAT A GUY!

One of the items on the program's agenda was reenacting the nativity story while Eric read Luke 2. Natalee produced some of the cutest nativity costumes for the kids and Lia was lucky enough to be the angel. She dawned the princess-like angel dress and wings and immediately began requesting to wear her "glass slippers." So dang cute!

The gang all lined up before "show time."

Here are Lia and her cousins admiring baby Jesus after their performance was over. Please notice Riley's hair spilling out through the crown's prongs--just like what every wiseman's hair looked like 2000 years ago.

The final portion of the evening was the lighting of the candles on the Christmas tree and the singing of "Silent Night"--this is a German tradition that my father did with his family growing up that he passed on to us. I always loved doing this as it brings such a special Christmas spirit to the evening.

Lia's older cousin, Brynn, helping her snuff out one of the candles at the end of the evening.

Lia opening up one of her gifts on Christmas morning with the help of Grandma (while wearing her new Ariel dress...compliments of her wonderful North Carolina cousins).

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas out there!

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Lisa!! I love the fact that you guys do real candles on the tree. It's just like the yuletides of yesteryear. I also loved your Christmas newsletter-- so imaginative! You are great. It was so fun seeing you last week. Have a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to catch up on your holiday. I have missed a LOT of posts! I am insanely busy, it's nuts. Lia is beyond adorable with all this princess stuff and all her little outfits. Love seeing the piano in the background with all the holiday music sittnig there, looks like my piano. Haven't talked to you in forever!!

    ReplyDelete