Monday, May 9, 2011

Brother's Day

Well, every few years my birthday falls on Mother's Day. As a child, I wasn't the hugest fan as it meant that I had to "share" my special day with my mother. However, it's now double the fun when the two holidays coincide with each other as I get double the gifts and double the treats. Well, not really, but's it's fun to say that. However, Ron did pull through with flying colors and started calling the day "Brother's Day" (Birthday + Mother's Day = Brother's Day. Get it?) We were able to sneak out for a few hours the night before for dinner at the "Harbor Lights" restaurant right on the Puget Sound and then saw a movie afterwards. I was also treated to a pancake breakfast on the actual day before heading off to church. After our traditional, Sunday "fap" (our official term for a family nap), we hosted my parents for dinner, gift opening, and dessert. It was so nice to have them here to celebrate both holidays with us.


Ron and I about to dive into our seafood spread at "Harbor Lights."


Reading a card with my faithful assistant at my side.


Receiving more assistant from Lia with the gift opening.


My adorable mother pausing for a picture while reading one of her cards.


Lia and I gearing up for the big blow out of candles on the beloved strawberry shortcake that my mother made par my request.


And now it's on to the thirty-fifth year...oh dear.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Brother's Day to you!!! 35????? I can't believe it! But I'm right behind you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good birthday! That picture of you and Ron on the water is so pretty. Love your cute little present opening helper!

    ReplyDelete