Saturday, January 28, 2012

Being Showered!

Tonight my friends, Megan and Stephanie, hosted a baby shower in my honor.  It was so fun to spend an evening filled with great food and fabulous company and to receive some much needed gifts for our baby boy on the way.  Opening up all of those presents of adorable boy clothes made me so excited for this new addition that will be joining our family soon! 


The line-up of delicious food that Stephanie and Megan served.


The adorable diaper cake that my friend, Julie, made for me!
 

Some of the ladies hard at work on one of the games we played.

Megan explaining the rules to the baby-themed version of Catch Phrase that she and Stephanie made up.
 

Christy, Mary, and Alecia listening closely.

Stephanie reading the Mad Lib story that the group helped write about "my life."  The finished product was far from the truth, but highly entertaining.

Posing for a quick pic with my sister-in-law, Natalee, and my mother who both drove out for the shower.

After food and game playing, we dove into the gift opening.  Here I am opening up a present from my sister-in-law that consisted of a homemade blanket...
 

and onesie with a matching tie sewed onto it! 

My mother made her traditional baby quilt in the blue, green, and brown colors and jungle theme of our baby nursery.  As always, the finished product was beautiful and received many oohs and ahhs from the crowd.
 

And more gift opening.

My good friends from church:  Megan, Stephanie, and Wendy.

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful evening!

1 comment:

  1. Fun that you had a baby shower! I bet you loved getting some non-girly gifts for the baby. Can't believe you are having a b o y after all your girl time with Lia! You will love having a boy, they always adore their mother!!

    ReplyDelete