Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Dearest Lia,


My Dearest Lia,
As the birth of your baby brother approaches, I find myself reflecting on the fact that we were given the gift of four years together.  This was never something your father or I planned on, but I can't help but be grateful for this extra time that we had.  Not many mothers have the opportunity to devote all their time and attention to one child for such a long time.  During these years, you truly became my best friend in many ways.  You have been my constant companion--at my side for almost every waking hour of every day.  Your pleasant, happy, and obedient demeanor have always made you such an enjoyable companion and a ray of sunshine in my life.  I will always treasure all of the memories we made during these years.  The fun we had, the laughs we shared, the adventures we went on, the things we learned.  I will forever be grateful that you were my first born.  You have taught me so much and will always hold a very special place in my heart.  I love you more than words can express and look forward to embarking on this new adventure together of having a baby in our home.  It is such a comfort to know that you will be there holding my hand along the way.
Love you always and forever,
Your mother

1 comment: