Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hospital Happenings...

Now that we are back home and getting settled, I thought that I would do a quick post on our hospital happenings of the labor and delivery.  The night before Logan was due, I was thoroughly convinced that he was not going to come on time as absolutely nothing was happening!  So, I sure was surprised and almost in denial when my first contraction started at 2:30 on Friday morning.  They continued pretty steadily all morning long causing Ron and me to head to the hospital at 7 am after my parents' arrived to watch Lia.  I got my epidural at 11:30 a.m. and had my water broken at 3 p.m.  We were ready to start pushing an hour later and my little guy came into the world at 5:08 p.m.  My mom was able to join Ron and me again for the actual delivery and we were blessed with a fabulous and supportive nurse and obstetrician.  It really was a wonderful experience and I can't say enough how grateful I am that my labor lasted only 14.5 hours!  Here is a quick photo run-down of our time in the hospital!


All hooked up and ready to go in my delivery room!

My fabulous nurse, Alisha, who was with us the entire day!

Logan's here!  Ron cutting his umbilical cord minutes after he was born.

Logan and his poor, cone-shaped head getting weighed in at 8 pounds 1.6 ounces.
 

A close-up of our cute boy on the warming bed. 

Papa and baby bonding after his birth.


About two hours after Logan's birth, Lia and grandpa came to meet him. Here is Lia minutes after meeting her brother for the first time!
 

Big sister holding little brother for the first time.  Just precious.

Our first family photo.
 

Logan received his first bath the morning after being born.  He didn't take to it too well.
 

Hanging out in his bassinet in our hospital room.  Such a cutie!

Logan all dressed up and ready to go home on February 11th!

The shirt says it all:  Handsome like dad.
 

Ron and I leaving the maternity ward with our new, little bundle.
 

Logan's first, official car ride!  Next stop:  home!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, he is soooo dang cute!! You guys really know how to churn out the gorgeous babes! I am so happy things went well and that you are so happy. Here's to a great and speedy recovery! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute!! What I am most amazed with is....
    HOW SKINNY YOU ARE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

    :) i WANNA meet his cute face!
    Let me know when your ready for visitors! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for another member of the Hartland! Huge Congratulations! He is absolutely adorable and I am so happy for you! Sounds like everything went smoothly. Although, it does make me slightly sick that I look at you leaving the hospital and you can't even tell your body just gave birth!! That set aside, Welcome to the world, Logan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! He's so beautiful and I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa I've been thinking about you! Congratulations you wonderful girl!!! Logan is absolutely adorable and you all look great. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you Lisa!!!! I am going to find your number and call you asap!!!!

    ReplyDelete