Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat!

Tonight wraps up a marathon few days of Halloween festivities.  From a carnival at the YMCA to a preschool party to the ward trunk-or-treating to the actual holiday, it has been a whirlwind of candy and the reappearance of the Ariel costume.  I think our little mermaid is finally satisfied with Halloween 2012 and ready to move on to other things.  Here's a quick recap of the last two days.

 
The Hartland fam braved a serious rain storm last night to attend our ward's trunk-or-treating in the church parking lot.  I was finally able to convince Ariel (a.k.a. Lia) to wear her complete costume for the first time with the wig and crown and all.  We also broke out Logan's official Halloween costume--a stuffed monkey.  I don't think there was a cuter baby there!

 
Ariel armed and ready to go!

 
Logan cruised the evening in papa's arms under the protective covering of a very large umbrella.

 
Getting some loot out of someone's trunk.

 
The stars aligned (or should I say the starfishes aligned) when we found a pumpkin carved with Ariel's face on it.  I just had to take a picture of this for "Lia's princess files."
 
 
Today, after Logan's nap, I was able to take my monkey into the living room for a little photo shoot.  He was in a very good mood and willingly posed with a smile for me many times. 

 
We call this the "I'm sexy and I know it" pose.  Although Logan has been striking this pose for many months now, I have never been able to capture it on film until today!

 
Quite possibly the cutest picture ever taken of Logan!
 
 
Ariel graced us with her presense one last time tonight.  Here she is posing for a quick photo before heading out to treak-or-treat in our neighborhood.

 
Our mermaid and monkey all dressed up and ready to go!
 

 Mama and kiddos leaving the house...

 
The gang working their way down the street! 
Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing is cuter than a baby in a snuggly animal costume - except possibly a pretty little Ariel!! Love these, looks like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete