Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Theatre Room

Ever since our good friends, Wendy and Scott, bought their beautiful, dream home a few months ago, Lia has been in love with the idea of a theatre room in our house.  In fact, if she had her way, Lia would have three things in our home:  a theatre room, a carousel, and a pool.  Good grief.  It looks like Ron is going to have to consider a serious career change if we are to meet the ever increasing demands of our aspiring diva.  But I digress.  Anyways, this week, I finally got around to dragging our outside furniture in from our deck.  Since it has been raining nonstop for the past few weeks, all of the furniture was sopping wet, so I carefully set it up in our garage to dry for a few days before lugging it up into our attic.  While discussing this temporary arrangement with Lia, I pointed out that the chairs kind of made our garage look like a movie theatre or an airplane.  Before I knew it, an idea was born.  While I was cooking in the kitchen, Lia asked if she could play in our newly created "theatre room."  A few minutes later, I was called out into the garage to see what Lia had been up to.  Apparently, all of the princesses and one of her dolls had been invited down from her room to view Tangled.  Who knew!  Since then, Lia's girls have enjoyed watching The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.  It's just a shame that it is all getting dismantled today--I'm pretty sure that both Lia and the princesses are not going to be happy with me. 

 
Our "theatre room."

 
Lia and her moving-viewing girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment