Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Other Mother

Lia continues to make us laugh on a daily basis due to the things she says.  Here are some of her latests Liaisms...

Our house has a step down living room that naturally acts as a barrier to our children when they are crawling.  However, since this was the location of the Christmas tree and much of our gatherings in the past month, Logan overcame his fear of this obstacle and became quite comfortable crawling down the step into this room.  Ever since the holidays, we have continued to find him sneaking into this room when no one is looking.  Yesterday while I was working in the kitchen, I noticed that he was no where to be found.  I asked Lia to go find him.  A few seconds later, I heard her shouting from the living room, "Look where I found our son!!"  Oh dear.  She truly is his second mother.  I have a feeling that she will completely take over all mothering responsibilities by the time she is a teenager.  I might as well move out by Logan's twelfth birthday.

Today I was talking on the phone with my mom and was in the midst of telling her that Lia had just gotten a haircut when I noticed that she was listening to our conversation.  Lia then walked over to the mirror and after admiring her reflection, happily announced, "I like my hair this age."  Age, length.  Tomato, tomahto.  Is there really a difference? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment