Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Day of School!

The big day finally arrived--Lia's first day of Kindergarten!  She has been counting down the days FOREVER and so you can imagine her excitement when she woke up this morning!  We quickly ate breakfast, got her ready, and off we went on our first walk to school.  There wasn't a sad molecule in my body as I am just so excited for her to begin this journey that I know she will love.  It was so much fun walking with Lia, waiting in line for her teacher, and then accompanying her to her classroom to hear a story before the teacher sent the parents on our way.  I can't wait to hear all about her first day of class when I pick her up in a few minutes! 


My grown-up girl all ready to go in her new, turquoise outfit and Ariel princess backpack.
 

 
Such a cute 5-year old!


Lia and Logan ready to start our walk.
 


The two of them waiting in line for the teacher to come.
 

 
I am so grateful that Lia has one friend from her wonderful preschool program last year in her same class.  Here is Lia hugging Molly before class starts.  You could barely contain these girls' excitement!
 
 
Lia's teacher, Mrs. Schoder, reading to the students.  Lia is sitting in the bottom right of the picture.
 

Another shot of Lia and her class.
 

 
Lia trying out her assigned seat before sending Logan and me on our way!  

No comments:

Post a Comment