Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Ella's Milestones


Ella has been a busy girl these past few days.  This past Saturday, July 5th, she rolled over for the first time!  Sadly, no one saw it as I was busy packing for our trip.  I had put Ella on her back on a blanket while bustling around my room.  Lia had come in to play with her and we had both noticed that she was rolling onto her side for the first time.  I left the room for a minute or two and then heard her crying.  When I came back in, I found Ella on her stomach!  What?!  Lia and I were so surprised--especially since she is barely three months old!  And then yesterday, I put her down in the great room of the cabin while we were unpacking from a day at the beach.  I left the room for a matter of seconds and when I came back, I found Ella on her belly!  We all couldn't believe it!  I rolled her onto her back and then stepped outside to hang up my swimsuit and when I came back, there she was on her belly again.  Ahhh!  So as of to date, Ella has rolled onto her stomach three times and has never had an audience.  The poor thing!

But the REALLY excited news occurred last night/this morning morning when I put Ella to bed at 9:45 p.m. and wasn't woken up by her until 6:40 a.m.!  Hooray!!  It FINALLY happened at 14 weeks old!  Hallelujah.  I realize that this would be quite an accomplishment for other people, but I was seriously spoiled with two other babies who slept through the night for the first time at 8 and 10 weeks old.  So, I have been counting up the weeks for what seems like forever for my baby girl to follow in the footsteps of her older siblings and it finally happened last night.  I am so grateful for this milestone and really hope that sleeping through the night will become a consistent thing in the next few weeks as this 38-year old mama can't take much more!  ;-)

Love you baby Ella!  I'm so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment