Tuesday, March 31, 2015

1 Year Old Today!


I can't believe it.  It actually happened.  My sweet, baby girl turned one year old today.  Wah!  Overall it's been a good year.  The first few months dragged by (as they always do for me) and then time just started flying by.  Ella is such a bundle of energy AND fun.  She brings such joy and happiness into our home every single day.  I just can't imagine my life without her.  Thank you, Ella, for joining our family a year ago today.  You came flying into this world so fast that I barely had time to get in a delivery room and into a gown!  I should have known what a nonstop ball of energy you were going to be based on your entrance into this world.
And just for the record, Ella really has started to grow up this past month as she has started to show signs of leaving the baby world behind and become a toddler.  Her increase in the amount of walking is the number one change.  She takes five to ten steps all the time now before sitting back down on the floor and crawling.  She does this all day long now.  It won't be much longer before she leaves the crawling completely behind.  Ella has also started to do cute little things like clap when other people are clapping and try to brush her own hair whenever I hand her a brush or comb.  Both of these things she thought of on her own.  Another exciting milestone was saying her first word this past month.  Incredible, I know!  She said, "Uh oh," for the first time on March 23rd after dropping something.  At first, it didn't quite register with me.  But after she said it a couple of other times that same day after dropping various items or toys, I realized what she was saying.  She now says it several times a day.  This is so funny to me because Ella chose to say the same first word as BOTH her sister and her brother.  What are the chances of that?!  It's also amazing to me because she said her first word three months earlier than both Lia and Logan.  Once again, this girl is just trying to keep up with her older siblings.  Also, Ella is almost entirely eating table foods at this point.  This past month, I finally made a point of feeding her most of the foods we ate for dinner and she did a great job eating almost everything.  So, we are almost done with baby food which is fabulous considering how much the stuff costs!  Ella has also discovered how to climb up onto the coffee table and kitchen table and still wriggles out of her high chair seat every day.  She is SO busy, but I love her to death!  Happy Birthday, baby girl!


After snapping her one year picture today, Ella quickly crawled off of the blanket and headed over to her new favorite spot under one of the tables in the living room.  I find her hanging out under this table on a regular basis.  I call it her "office."  


After spending some time chilling in her office, Ella stood up...


Stepped over the table leg...


and started walking over to me.  Such a cutie pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment