Friday, March 13, 2015

Letting it Go at the Talent Show

When Lia first came home from school one day in January telling me that a talent show had been announced at her school and that she wanted to sing "Let it Go" with some of her friends, I just brushed it off as one of her ideas that would blow over in a day or two.  But after several days of her coming home and talking about this talent show, I decided that it was time to take her seriously.  Since the try-outs were at the end of February, I realized that we would need to have a few rehearsals in the month of February which was to be my busy, crazy month.  Although I wasn't thrilled about the timing of it all, I decided to be the mom to take charge so that I could at least control when the practices were scheduled.  So, I printed off the words and got Ron to burn CD's of the song without the lyrics and distributed them to all of the moms so that the girls could begin practicing singing the song without the help of Elsa.  We then scheduled three practices in February--two before our trip and one after our trip.  We held the rehearsals at our house and, with the help of the other moms, tried to get these six and seven year old girls as ready as possible for their big debut.  Surprisingly enough, these girls really worked hard and learned the words and the little choreography we taught them and they did a great job at their try-out, two dress rehearsals, and the real thing last night!  My mom came down from Issy and joined Ron and me and the kids for a fun filled and entertaining evening.  Lia looked so adorable all dolled up in her Elsa costume (complete with the wig and all) and sang her little heart out in front of a gymnasium filled with a couple hundred people.  She had a great experience and is already talking about what she wants to do next year!  Good job, my little Elsa!


Sienna, Lia, Mollie, Addy, and Eva ready to go in their Elsa gowns before the show.


The girls "letting it go!"


A solo shot of my Elsa casting a frozen spell.


The girls singing away into one of the two microphones placed in front of them.


Mollie and Lia belting out the song!


Another shot of the group singing away.  (Please notice Eva in the middle who definitely provided the comic relief throughout this singing number.  Most of the time she was looking other places besides out at the audience, or playing with her dress, or not singing at all.  Oh dear.)

No comments:

Post a Comment