Monday, December 19, 2016

Ella's First Real Haircut

Although Ella has had her bangs trimmed several times, she never has had real haircut.  After 2 and 1/2 years, her hair had grown down to the middle of her back.  I honestly don't know how this happened as I feel like it grew over night from her shoulders to half way down her back.  Regardless, Ron loved it and I didn't.  Both of my girls were born with my incredibly thin hair.  As a result, once it starts to grow past the shoulders, it looks extremely stringy and thin a few hours after brushing it.  Plus, Ella constantly gets food in her hair while eating in the high chair which makes for lots of knots and screams whenever I try to brush it.  I was more than ready to cut it several months ago, but Ron kept on insisting that I let it grow.  I finally hit a wall a few days ago and decided to sneak out this morning to get her hair cut since this was the only day of the two week vacation that Ron had to go into work.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  So although today marked the first official day of Christmas vacation, I dragged the kids out of the house bright and early this morning to hit the post office and then to arrive at Kid's Cuts ten minutes before it opened.  This children's salon does not make appointments and I have learned if you arrive after it opens, there can already be a waiting list a mile long.  So, like Urgent Care, if we get there before it opens and wait right outside the door, we can be the first name on the list.  It's the perfect system and that is exactly what we did!  In addition, Logan's locks had gotten a little too long for me since his last haircut, so we killed two birds with one stone and got both of their heads of hair cut while they cruised in a blue, sparkly speed boat and a Disney princess convertible car.  Not too shabby for the first day off from school!


Ella's before picture.  Please note that her hair does not always look this silky, shiny, and smooth. :-)


Ella's after picture.  Several inches were cut off!


Ella all seated in her convertible car and ready to go!


The hair stylist beginning to cut Ella's locks.


Ella thoroughly enjoying the experience.


Ella flashing me one of her million dollar smiles.


Logan loving life while in his speed boat.


The stylist working hard to clean up Logan's locks.


Almost done and getting her hair dried!


Ella showing off her new haircut before hopping out of her pink car.

No comments:

Post a Comment