Monday, December 12, 2016

Making Gingerbread Houses

Tonight Ron and I helped the kids with our annual building and decorating gingerbread houses for FHE.  This is something that we started doing a few years ago when Lia and Logan were both old enough to appreciate it and we have been doing it ever since.  It is hand's down one of the kids' favorite FHE activities that we do every year and I love how everyone is getting old enough to really get into it--even Miss Ella!  Like last year, we divided and conquered again with our houses.  Ron helped Lia with hers and I helped Logan and Ella with theirs.  I split the house in half and let Logan decorate one wall, the front, and one roof.  Ella got the other wall, the backside, and the other roof.  Amazingly enough, the two of them got along pretty well and their house didn't turn out that bad.  Of course, Lia's and papa's turned out artistic and beautiful.  I just love these family, Christmas traditions that help to make December so special and unique compared to the rest of the year!


Lia flashing me a smile while papa assesses what should be done next.


Logan pauses from his work to give me a crazy smile.


Lia and Logan working together.


Mama and the little ones.


Cute Lia and her gingerbread house.


Ella putting another candy on the backside.

No comments:

Post a Comment