Wednesday, February 21, 2018

They Say the Darndest Things

I just love this age when our children are still young enough to say the funniest things that keep the rest of us laughing all the time.  Both Logan and Ella say things that make Lia, Ron, and me chuckle on a daily basis.  I managed to write down a few of the really funny ones that have come out of their mouths in the last month that I thought were worthy of a blog post.  So, here goes...

After telling Ella that grandma was coming down to pick her up from Lia's basketball game and take her back home on a ridiculously busy Saturday morning when Ron and I needed to be in three different places at one time, Ella got really excited.  I explained to her that she would have grandma ALL TO HERSELF which meant that they could play anything that her little heart desired.  Ella enthusiastically replied that she wanted to play the game, "Find the Thumb," with her.  For those of you who know my mother well, you will know that she has played the game, "Hide the Thimble" for literally decades...first with her children and next with her grandchildren.  It is a family favorite and it has entertained little ones (and not so little ones) in our family for hundreds of hours.  But never in my life, have I heard this game called, "Find the Thumb."  Lia and I burst out laughing when we realized what Ella was talking about.  Oh, bless her heart...

Logan was looking at all of the photographs on our refrigerator the other day.  After pausing at a picture of grandma and grandpa, he asked where they were standing.  I then explained to him that this picture was taken while they were on trip visiting Yellowstone National Park.  Without missing a beat, Logan immediately asked, "Where's the park?"

Logan and Ella were playing with Logan's pirate toys in the kitchen one day and got into a scuffle of sorts which normally happens within a matter of minutes whenever they play together.  Apparently, Ella wanted Logan to push his pirate ship (which actually rolls on wheels) somewhere and Logan was not in agreement with this request.  In pure frustration, Ella turned to me and said, "Mama, please tell your son that he wants to drive it!"  Your son?  How old are you?  Twenty years old?  This little, 3-year old seriously thinks she runs our house and family on a daily basis.  Good grief.

Once again, Ella and Logan were in the kitchen playing when another fight broke out.  They both came running to me, yelling and crying.  After trying to work through their disagreement with them, Logan declared, "But she started it first!" to which Ella responded, "But he started it next!"  Oh that girl.  Love her to pieces.

Ron and I took Lia skiing for the second time today.  Since I knew we would be gone for twelve hours, I asked my parents to watch my kids instead of paying a babysitter (who I wouldn't trust for that many hours anyways) gobs and gobs of money.  As a result, my mom requested that she watch the kids at her house which involved shuttling the children to Issaquah and back.  Since the kids were already in their pajamas with no shoes on when Ron met my dad tonight in the Denny's parking lot in Auburn, he had to carry them back to his truck one at a time.  When he picked up Logan from my dad's car, Ron immediately asked Logan why he felt so much heavier than the day before to which Logan replied, "Because I'm six now!"  Oh, he just melts my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment