Monday, May 14, 2018

Summer has arrived...

With the return of some 80 degree weather this weekend, Ella and I decided to add Target to our list of stores to stop at this morning so that we could buy our favorite, baby pool for the umpteenth time.  After a family of raccoons had a party in our previous pool one night last August and popped it in multiple places, I threw the pool away thinking it would be our last one...but Ella and I just couldn't resist this quick and affordable fix to a hot afternoon (especially when the lakes are still too cold to swim in).  After coming home and eating lunch, I set up the pool for Ella while I weeded in the backyard.  When Lia and Logan came home a few hours later, they were absolutely thrilled to hear that we had purchased another one.  They immediately put their swim suits on and raced to the backyard for a few hours of afternoon and evening play (with Lia's piano lesson interrupting the fun for about 45 minutes).  It's so good to have the warm weather back and to be able to watch my kiddos happily playing in it together.  I heart summer.


Lia standing up after her inaugural run down the slide.


Logan heading down the slide on his sled--one of their favorite past times that he invented summer of 2016.


Logan getting out of the pool while Ella waits to go down.


Ella striking a funny pose for me while wearing her hand-me-down bikini (from one of Ron's former co-workers).  Scandalous, I know. :-)


Lia getting ready to go down with Logan and Ella looking on.


Crash!  Into the water Lia goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment