Sunday, December 2, 2018

32 Weeks Pregnant!


Well, it's hard to believe that I am now 32 weeks pregnant!  I have officially crossed over the 30-week mark and can now say (as I yesterday) that I am due NEXT MONTH!  I knew that the holidays would make the last few months of my pregnancy fly by, but it still just seems crazy to me that we will have a new baby in this house in a matter of weeks!  Besides all of the aches and pains that have come with this fourth pregnancy, I am still just so happy to be pregnant and can't believe that I am less than two months away from my due date.  I absolutely love being pregnant at Christmas time.  It makes the holiday season seem so much more special and magical--especially after last December when I had my fourth miscarriage and was so devastated and heartbroken most of the month.  I am so grateful and happy to be carrying this little miracle inside of me every day.  
As for an overall update, I can tell that this baby is getting bigger every day because his movements inside of me are much stronger and often times in multiple places at once.  I still feel him more when I lay down at night, but definitely feel him move and even see his movements through my shirt throughout the day.  I continue to have swollen feet and leg issues and feet pain every day which is something new to this pregnancy.  I am also still wearing compression stockings daily and elevating my feet for an hour every night when I go to bed.  The varicose veins on my right leg moved above my knee since my last post which meant that I was required to spend an obscene amount of money on a pair of full-length, maternity compression hose to wear for the remainder of my pregnancy.  In addition, I had a 32-week ultrasound last week to check on the baby's overall growth (due to the 2-vessel, umbilical cord) and to find out the location of my placenta.  The baby measured in at 53% for weight which was good news and my placenta has moved completely off of my cervix which is wonderful progress considering the fact that it was completely covering the cervix at 20 weeks.  The one glitch is that the placenta is only 1.3 cm away from the cervix and my doctor really wants it 2 cm away.  As a result, I now have another ultrasound scheduled for the day after Christmas at 36 weeks to see if it has moved that far in a month.  Hopefully, this growing baby will continue to move the placenta along and allow a natural delivery (instead of a c-section) to be a reality in January.  So, once again, more waiting is required which has definitely been the theme of this pregnancy and a theme of getting baby #4 to join our family.  So, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment