Sunday, December 23, 2018

35 Weeks Pregnant Posing with the Kids!

With the busy lives we all live, I feel like the I barely have any pictures of the children and me since my pregnant belly popped out a few months ago.  In addition, any picture we have taken together since then, the children have usually been standing in front of me and "hiding" my belly.  So, I thought it would be fun today to take a few pictures in front of the Christmas tree after church.  The kids have been so excited about this pregnancy and the coming arrival of their baby brother ever since they found out last July.  It really has been a fun part of this pregnancy to see and hear their enthusiasm to have another baby join our family.  I can't wait to be apart of them meeting baby Emmett when he arrives in a few weeks!


The kids and me standing in front of the tree.


Ella giving "Baby Emmett" a hug.  This is something that she has done on a regular basis ever since she found out that I was pregnant.


Ella kissing Baby Emmett.  This is also something that she has loved doing during this pregnancy.  I think that it is one of the cutest things she does!


Logan hugging Emmett and me!


And Lia doing the same.


All three kids giving Emmett a "group hug."


Since we are hoping to leave two days after Christmas to go to my parent's cabin (depending on my doctor's approval from an ultrasound and a stress test scheduled on the 26th), I realized that I might not be home this coming Sunday to take a 36 week pregnancy picture.  As a result, I had Lia take a 35 week picture of me today.  It's hard to believe that this baby's arrival is coming so soon.  Part of me will miss being pregnant as I know for sure that this is my last time, but part of me is ready to have my body "back" as this has been my hardest pregnancy.  My lower legs and feet are swollen every day, my feet ache, I waddle when I walk, and I definitely get winded going up the stairs.  But, overall, I have just been so happy and grateful to be pregnant that it has easily outweighed all of these not-so-fun side effects.  
I have loved feeling and watching Emmett kick every day and have actually really enjoyed going in for his weekly stress test in Tacoma these past four weeks.  Emmett has passed with "flying colors" every week producing way more than two "accelerations" in the first 20 minutes.  The nurses love to rant and rave about his beautiful test results and how they wish that every baby would behave like him during their stress tests.  In addition, I went in for a 32-week ultrasound a few weeks ago so that the doctor could follow up on Emmett's growth (which could be impacted by the two-vessel cord) and to check on the location of the placenta.  I was happy to hear that Emmett weighed in around the 53rd percentile and that the placenta had moved completely off of my cervix.  However, the placenta was only 1.3 cm away from the cervix and the doctor would ideally like it 2  cm way to safely deliver the baby vaginally, but at least it means that a c-section at 37 weeks is officially off the table since it is past 1 cm.  So, that was good news!
Other updates include Ron and I borrowing the baby bassinet from my parent's house last week and bringing down all of the newborn clothes and other baby paraphernalia from the loft in the garage this weekend.  I spent several hours today washing clothes and cleaning items to get them ready for the baby.  It feels good to get some of these things done before Christmas comes as I know it is going to be a whirl after the holidays with our trip to the cabin, putting decorations away, cleaning the house, and hosting Logan's 7th birthday party a month early at 38.5 weeks pregnant.  Before we know it, Emmett will be here!  Even though there is much to be done before then, I can't wait to finally hold this sweet, little baby boy in my arms after waiting so long for so many years!

No comments:

Post a Comment