Saturday, October 5, 2019

Logan's 1st Soccer Game

After three, Saturday practices, Logan's soccer games started today.  This is his fourth year competing in indoor soccer at our local Park and Rec Center.  I love it because it is so low key compared to Lia's soccer league that has two practices a week, plus a Saturday game, that last for four months! It's the perfect environment for Logan and, for the second year in a row, he gets to be on a team with a TON of kids from his school which makes it even funner.  We also were blessed to get the same coach for the third year in a row who we know from church and who is fabulous with the kids.  We love Coach Thomas and he is so energetic and fun to watch from the sidelines during all the games.  Anyways, Logan's team had a great, first game today.  Several teammates scored a goal including Logan who made the last one of the game with just two or so minutes remaining.  He was down at his goal with one other teammate making several shots to get the soccer ball in the net when he finally kicked the ball high and it sailed right over the goalie's head and into the net.  It was so exciting!  Although I was holding Emmett down at the other end of the gym, I screamed and shot my free hand high up into the air.  Logan immediately turned and looked at me and we had that awesome, proud, mother-son-moment where I was able to smile and yell at him and give him a 'thumbs up' sign!  I'm so proud of my boy and can't wait to watch him play five more games this season!


Logan kicking the ball down the court.


Logan chasing an opponent around his goal with his Coach Thomas in the background.


Logan going after the ball.


Fighting over the soccer ball with another opponent.


Chasing the ball down.


Logan running hard!


Goofing around with the coach's son, Dillan, during half time.


The two boys play fighting during half time.  I just love this shot as it looks like Logan is really getting hit by Dillan.


Logan had no idea I was taking pictures of him during half time, but this is the funny pose I caught him making.


And an even funnier pose.


Finally, Logan noticed I was taking pictures of him, so he stopped and flashed me his darling smile.  I just love this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment