Friday, February 7, 2020

Emmett's First Real Haircut

A few weeks ago, Ron and I decided that Emmett needed another trim since his hair was starting to look shaggy again.  After Ron completed this difficult task, we both decided that we were not really pleased with the finished product.  His hair kind of looked like a bowl sitting upside down on his head.  After a few weeks of hoping that it would just grow out and start to look better, we decided that it was time to bite the bullet and have me take him to an actual children's hair salon.  So, the two of us headed out this morning to Kids Cuts and got there ten minutes before it opened so that he could be one of the first children seen.  Luckily, there was only one other customer in front of us, so Emmett was called back right after the salon opened.  The hair stylist put him in the sparkly, blue speedboat chair (which Logan reminded me later is HIS favorite chair) since it has the tightest fit for little ones.  I couldn't get over how tiny and adorable Emmett looked sitting in this salon chair.  The stylist put a bin of toys in his lap that I used to entertain him the entire time he was getting his hair cut which proved to be a great distraction.  The stylist did an amazing job cutting his hair at lightening fast speed so that Emmett stayed in a good and cooperative mood the entire time.  We were done in twenty minutes and home within 30 minutes for Emmett's morning nap.  Ron and I both agreed that his haircut is a massive improvement over his bowl cut, but I just can't get over how grown up he looks with his first, big-boy hair style.  I keep on looking at him and thinking that I have someone else's baby in my house.  It probably will take me a few days to get used to this change...


Emmett looking at me while the hair stylist cuts the top of his hair.


Emmett looking sideways.


And looking towards the person cutting his hair.


Giving mama an unsure look.  Doesn't he look so cute in the speedboat chair?



A close-up of my cutie once his hair cut was all finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment