Thursday, September 17, 2020

A Table for One

In this world of chaos and confusion that I am currently living in right now in our house, I just don't notice the simple and little things that Emmett does on a daily basis like I used to.  Often times, I am either so busy or exhausted that this growing baby of mine does not get the time and attention that I wished he could get from me.  I have to hold on to the hope that one day it will just be the two of us again after we receive the all-clear from our school district to send our older children back to full-time, in-person instruction.  However, I walked out of my bedroom tonight while trying to get the kids to bed and noticed the cutest thing.  We currently "house" two large pieces of American Girl Doll furniture in the loft area outside our bedroom.  On a daily basis, Emmett will take all of the small pieces of food (that Logan and Ella have organized at my instruction the night before) from these two sets and will scatter them everywhere making a huge mess.  Tonight Emmett decided all on his own to sit down on the booth-style chair (that perfectly fits him) that goes with the 1950s style diner and to pretend that he is eating a meal.  It was just the cutest thing to see his chunky body squeezed into this booth while wearing his pajamas and sucking on his pacifier.  I just couldn't resist taking a few pictures with my phone that I luckily already had brought upstairs for the night.  Here are the pictures I managed to take of him before Logan came running up the stairs and distracted him...

A close-up shot of Emmett eating alone.


A farther away shot to show what kind of mess he makes on a daily basis with all of the AGD food that belongs to these two sets!  Poor Logan and Ella are such good sports to pick it up every day.  It's just a good thing they love Emmett so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment