Wednesday, December 16, 2020

My Baking Buddy


Since the house is decorated, Christmas cards are mailed, and all the gifts are purchased, wrapped, and under the tree, it is time to turn my attention to baking Christmas goodies this week.  Yesterday, the kids helped me roll out, cut, and bake the sugar cookies before we decorated them in the afternoon.  Today, I am making everyone's favorite, chocolate balls.  While they are hardening in the fridge for two hours, I asked Ella to come and help me make some gingerbread men that we will use later on this week when decorating our gingerbread houses.  As always, she was more than happy to take a break from her TV time to come and help me mix, roll, and cut out the cookies.  She looked so cute wearing her Santa hat (that she was already wearing) and the adorable apron that Lola bought Lia years ago at the Farmer's market.  I just had to pull out my camera to take a few pictures of my little, baking buddy.  I know that in a matter of years she will be all grown up and not want to do these kind of activities with me anymore, so I am trying to enjoy this holiday moment as much as I can.  Love you, Ellie B!


My cute girl flashing me her smile with her two, bottom teeth still missing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment