Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Emmett's 1st Day of Preschool

After literally waiting nine months (after I first registered him), Emmett was able to finally go off to his first day of preschool today.  Although I always did a co-op with other moms from church with my three older children for their first year of preschool, I was unable to organize one for this year since there literally were not enough moms to recruit.  And to be completely honest, I was actually relieved as I am so burned out with so many different things, that it was a total relief to walk into Celebration Preschool last January and sign Emmett up for his first of two years of school there.  Although all of the former teachers from my three older kids' years there left during the pandemic, a wonderful new staff replaced them.  Emmett was assigned a lovely and warm young teacher named Miss Sammi who we were able to meet last Thursday at the Back-to-School open house.  In addition, Ron's assistant principal's son was also placed in his same class.  So although these boys have only met in person a handful of times, they are already best friends and are very excited to be in the same class.
Emmett was so excited all this week whenever I would remind him that preschool was about to start.  His only concerns were that the teacher wouldn't help him and that the other children would look at him.  After reassuring him several times that his teacher would indeed help him and that the other children would not be focused on him, Emmett set his little fears aside and headed off to preschool with a huge smile on his face.  Since Ella's and Logan's elementary school now starts 20 minutes later than it used to during all of the other years when I had a child at Celebration, the three of us now get to drop Emmett off at preschool first every Tuesday and Thursday before heading down the hill to the elementary school.  It was fun to have Ella and Logan get out of the car and wait with Emmett and me for his teacher to open the front doors and welcome him inside.  Emmett barely let me half hug him before he was off following the rest of the kids inside the church.  He waved to me once and flashed me a huge smile before disappearing into the crowd.  When I picked him up 2.5 hours later, he was in such a great mood and had such a fun time coloring, playing with the toys, singing songs, listening to a story, running around on the playground, and eating cupcakes as the snack since it was s little girl's birthday today.  Overall, I would call his first day a big success and I am just so grateful that my little guy is ready and excited to head off to this next chapter of his life!


Emmett posing for his annual, first day of school picture on the front steps with Ella and Logan at his side.


A close-up of my darling preschooler.  Oh, how I love this little guy.


Emmett and his siblings standing in front of the preschool door.


Silly Emmett giving me a "smile."


And he's off!  Emmett walking up the steps (with his blue, Thomas the Train backpack on) with Ella looking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment