Saturday, September 24, 2022

Logan's Start of the Soccer Season

Just like Ella, Logan started practices with his soccer team back in mid July with his same coach and team that he played with last year.  Logan has loved being on this team since he two closest friends, Bennett and Benton, play on it and Bennett's dad is the coach.  In addition, they practice weekly at our elementary school which is super helpful as it is only four minutes from our house and I can easily zip down there to drop him off or pick him up.  Since I went to Lia's XC meets in Olympia and at PLU on September 10th and 17th, I missed watching Logan's first and second soccer games.  Luckily, he was super understanding and didn't seem to mind.  Since Lia's XC meet was in Portland today (which she actually didn't end up going to due to hip pain), I always planned on going to Logan's third game.  Just like his practices, this game was at Logan's school and so it was fun to cheer him on with Ron while he played on his home turf.  Although he didn't make any goals, it was just nice to watch Logan play soccer with the rest of his team.  I love watching him run, kick, and pass and admire how much his skills have improved over the years.  I hope that he has the opportunity to continue playing on this team for a few more years!  Here are some of my favorite pictures that I took of Logan playing today.


Logan kicking the ball with an opponent right at his side.


An action shot of Logan kicking the ball in the air.


Cheering his teammates on from the sidelines.


A great profile shot of Logan waiting for the game to start back up again.


Going after the ball...


and falling on the ground after colliding with some players.


Getting ready to kick the ball again.


Another great action shot of Logan chasing down the ball.


Logan getting ready to throw the ball back into the game.


Passing the ball to a teammate.


Running after the ball again.


My cute player smiling for me at the end of the game.  Good job, Logan!  I always love watching you play and cheering you on from the sidelines!

No comments:

Post a Comment