Saturday, October 7, 2023

Emmett's First Soccer Game!

After watching his brother and sisters play in many soccer games over the years, Emmett's time finally arrived today when he was able to play in the first soccer game of his life!  Since our lives are so crazy busy with three other children involved in a plethora of activities, I decided to sign him up for the low-key, indoor soccer program at our Park and Rec Center.  This was the same program that Logan participated in for three years and I love it as they only practice once a week until the games start.  Once games begin, they drop the weekly practice and replace it with a Saturday morning game.  Since it is an indoor soccer league, all games are played in a warm and dry gym instead of on a wet and muddy field.  It's the perfect way to introduce younger children to this sport.
I couldn't get over how excited Emmett was to show up to his first soccer practice three weeks ago.  I think that I smiled and/or laughed the entire time.  He was so enthusiastic and energetic.  He went after the ball as much as possible and was one of the fastest and most aggressive kids on the team.  When we were leaving, another mother commented that this must have not been his first season playing.  When I told her that this was his first practice ever, she couldn't believe it.  Needless to say, his first game was no different than his first practice.  Although Emmett is playing in a league with kids in Kindergarten and 1st grade, he was one of the fastest, most aggressive, and skilled players out there.  He was always at the front of the pack of players kicking the ball and I lost count of how many times he tried to score a goal.  Although he never made a goal, he was a huge asset to his team and had the time of his life out there.  He even ran by me two times at a total sprint and flashed me a huge smile while giving me a thumb's up sign.  It was absolutely hilarious!  I cannot wait to watch him play in five more games this season!


Emmett talking to his two coaches before his game began.


And, he's off!  Emmett kicking the ball down the court.


Emmett stopping the ball from going into the corner of the gym.


Charging into a group of players while trying to make a goal.


Running towards the ball.


Dribbling away.


Taking a well-needed water break.  His cheeks were so pink by the end of the game.


My happy and sweaty boy smiling for me after his first game was over!

No comments:

Post a Comment