Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Celebrating Ron's Belated Birthday

Since our evening schedule is so crazy busy these days, we decided to celebrate Ron's birthday three days late on Sunday, November 5th, so that all six members of our family could be there.  However, after I passed out and was unconscious for several minutes on Sunday morning, it was quite obvious that I would not be feeling up to throwing Ron's little birthday party that evening.  After spending all day Sunday in bed, and barely surviving Monday and Tuesday, I managed to summon the energy to make his birthday dinner almost a week late on the evening of November 8th when all four kids were home and available.  I made a Filipino dinner of rice, lumpia, and sinigang and we enjoyed a quiet evening together as a family.  We ate dinner in the dining room, watched Ron open a few gifts and cards, and then finished off with some banana cream pie (for the kids and me) and a bowl of cheese wisps for Ron.  I even managed to put a candle inside the wisps so that we could sing "Happy Birthday" to him before he blew it out.  As simple as the evening was, I know that this is exactly how Ron prefers it.  Happy belated Birthday, papa!


Ron reading the family card with all four of his children surrounding him.


Ron opening up the new Diesel heater that he requested for his camper.


Ron showing off the darling curtains that my mom sewed for him to put in his camper.


Ron waiting to blow out his one and only candle!

No comments:

Post a Comment