Saturday, November 11, 2023

Logan's Last Soccer Game of the Season

After playing in nine out of ten soccer games this fall, Logan wrapped up his season this afternoon by playing at Fort Steilacoom in Tacoma.  Since Emmett's game was early in the morning, I was able to drive out there with Emmett to meet Ron after dropping Ella off at play practice.  Although the field was wet from a downpour this morning and the air temperature was very cold, I was just grateful that he didn't have to play in the rain.  The three of us cheered Logan and his team on to victory as they battled against a pretty strong team.  Although I have only been able to attend a few of Logan's games this fall due to Lia's XC meets and Emmett's soccer games, I have enjoyed watching him play whenever I have had the chance.  Logan has played mainly defense this entire season with a new coach.  He hasn't complained and has done a great job defending his goal.  Although I think that we will be transitioning him to a running club next fall (since our school district unfortunately only offers XC for girls in 7th and 8th grade), I am grateful for the exercise, skill building, and socializing that he has gotten during his years playing soccer.


Logan going after the ball.


Chasing it down with another teammate.


Lining up at the goal with the rest of his team for a penalty kick.


Kicking the ball away from an opponent.


Logan giving me a smile from the field after spotting me with my camera.


Going in for a kick...


Getting closer...


And kicking it!  
This is my favorite picture of him playing soccer this season.


Although they lost their beloved Coach Ben this past summer, their team got a fabulous replacement, Coach Mike.  Here is Logan with the rest of the Goal Hunters team who he has played with for three years in a row.


Silly pose!


Another silly pose with Emmett after the game was over.


And that's a wrap!  Good job, Logan!  I have loved watching you play and can't wait to see where running takes you in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment