Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Falloween Fairy

When I was first pulled out our Halloween decorations over a month ago, Lia became quite fascinated with the entire holiday and has been talking about "Falloween" ever since. She has been excited for weeks to dawn her fairy costume and go trick-or-treating to cash in on that free candy. Now that all of her loot is safely home, we are regulating it with a one-candy-a-day rule while Ron and I help ourselves to it whenever her back is turned. We'll see how long it lasts....

Lia and I set out Friday afternoon before our church Halloween party to snap a few pics. I must say that she looked quite adorable in her costume. Here she is with our family of pumpkins on the front porch.

Lia admiring her personal pumpkin.

A happy fairy on our driveway.

The fairy fleeing from the camera.

We hit our ward party Friday night for some chili dinner and then an abundance of Halloween carnival games. Lia was a little freaked out at first, but eventually warmed up to the orange and black stimulation overload. First stop was the cupcake walk.

Next stop: The fishing wall.

Then onto the ring toss.

And finally the costume parade!

We finished up the evening with some trick-or-treating throughout the church.

On Halloween evening, we left our post for a few minutes to take Lia on a quick tour around our cul-de-sac.

Papa and Lia on their way from one house to another.

The cutest backsides I've ever seen...

Happy Falloween everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I have never in all my born days seen anything so cute as that blue fairy!! I hope she keeps a close eye on you and Ron though... given your previous posts on the subject of your relationship with Halloween candy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, she is like the perfect little girl! My little girls NEVER wanted to dress up like fairy, it was always a dog, or a horse, or some other animal. Your ward seems super awesome! If we ever move back to WA I'm going to have to be your neighbor. That way, Weston can get to know his "betroved" a little bit better... hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Changed my profile pic. :)
    Thought I'd comment again JUST so you could see cute little Rascal! I know you'd love him if you just gave it a chance. ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete