Friday, October 15, 2010

Out of the Closet.

The previous owner of our house made many changes and upgrades that I have been a fan of from the get-go. But for some unexplainable reason, the master bedroom was the most neglected room in some ways. Where every other window in the house was given new, venetian blind treatments, the master bedroom's windows remained curtainless. Make sense? I didn't think so. In addition, every other closet in the house received wire closet shelving, but the one and only walk-in closet (found in the master bedroom) was left untouched with a single particle board shelf and wooden rod hung in place. It really was quite hideous and our belongings bulged and spilled out in every irreverent way imaginable. As a result, we were looooong overdue for a closet makeover. So our resident handyman, Ron, finally found the time and the cash to make this happen. So, take a peak below!

One of many embarrassing angles found in our closet prior to the makeover. Please notice my decrepit Ikea dresser shoved in the corner. I'll have you know that I sold it for $100 this past week on Craig's List!

Some of the many piles of our clothes that ended up on our bed during all of the makeover madness.

The makeover man hard at work on "my side" of the closet.

Side #1 of the finished product: Look at all of those great shelves and rods and room to spare on my side of the closet!

Side #2 of the finished product: The fabulous cubicle organizers that Ron built and installed on the far wall allowing us to hide some of our junk in a fashionable way!

Side #3 of the finished product: Ron's side in all its glory.

A close-up of the shoe racks that we share on Ron's side. Now I can easily vacuum our closet carpet without having to move a million pairs of shoes.

The very large laundry basket I purchased as the crowning piece to this remodel. As silly as it may seem, Ron and I have been using our separate laundry baskets (brought from our single days) for these past five years. It was high time to join dirty laundry forces!!


Hallelujah for an organized closet! It just feels so much better!

5 comments:

  1. Love organization make overs! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it just me, or is ron sharing shoe space?! what a guy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Ron is free over Christmas break, because that is about the time I think I will have the money for and time to put in some shelving in my new closet! And I know how much he likes to help. :)

    Also- I wish you were on facebook because I have posted a bunch of pics on there that would make you so proud! And email me at my gmail address...I don't even have your reg email anymore. If you don't have my gmail address....just text me your email. I've got stuff to show you and no time to blog it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I am jealous! We just left our house that had the biggest nicest master closet for a house that has the smallest closet I've ever had in our whole married life! David gave it a makeover but it still is so small that is totally suuuuuucks! Little rant for me in your comments! ha ha

    ReplyDelete