Friday, October 7, 2011

The Manner's Police

Ever since Lia and I started reading a book about Mr. Penguin and manners, she has become fascinated with the subject of manners. Every day, we discuss whether or not something she does or something someone else does is good or bad manners. With that in mind, fast foward to last night when we were sitting side-by-side reading her bedtime stories. During one of her books, Lia's little brother-to-be delivered a swift and powerful kick to the right side of my belly. It was so strong that I jumped and yelped at the same time, suprising both Lia and me. Of course, she immediately wanted to know what had happened. After discussing in great detail that her baby brother had just kicked me from inside my stomach, Lia got a very serious look on her face and said, "That's bad manners." After I finished laughing, Lia then informed me that I needed to tell her brother to stop doing that. Oh dear. The big, bossy sister has already arrived on the scene and her brother hasn't even been born yet! What are we in for?!

1 comment: