Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Patient, Impatient Toddler...

Yesterday, Lia and I headed up to my parents' house so that I could recruit my mother's help in making and canning 49 pints of homemade applesauce. Since my dad was out on various errands and my mom and I were busily at work in the kitchen for many hours, Lia was in dire need of a playmate. Although she continually asked where her grandpa was and when he was coming home, Lia managed to remain pretty patient the first two hours by keeping herself busy in the adjacent family room. However, Lia finally hit her wall during the final hour before my dad's return. Out of nowhere, she turned to to my mom and me and shouted, "WHERE IS MY DARN GRANDPA?!" We turned to each other and just burst out laughing! Needless to say, when that darn grandpa did eventually stroll through the door, he was greeted by one happy and impatient granddaughter that didn't let him out of her sight the rest of the day!

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness aren't you glad she said darn and not the other one... that is too funny.

    ReplyDelete