Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Nutcracker and My Invalid


Unfortunately, the flu managed to find our little one this past Monday night causing Lia to lay around as lifeless as can be these past three days.  Not too much fun for the days leading up to Christmas!  Luckily our calendar is pretty empty this week, so we only had to cancel a few fun things while she fights this bug. In order to fill the time, Lia has spent a lot of her hours either sleeping or watching movies or listening to stories read by Ron or me.  I have taken advantage of this opportunity to introduce her to some classic Christmas stories that my mother passed onto us including The Nutcracker.  Today, after placing the book by her side, I had to quickly run downstairs to get something before reading this story again to her.  As I was returning a minute or two later, I could hear Lia's little voice coming down the stairs.  I quickly realized that she was telling herself the story instead of waiting for my return and this is the scene that greeted me when I rounded the corner into her room where she was resting.  The Nutcracker and my invalid.  What a precious sight...

No comments:

Post a Comment