Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Little Miss Independent

One day last week, my parents asked me if I would like them to take Lia to Montana for the weekend to attend the baptism of her cousin, Sarah Mae.  Since Lia has spent the majority of the last month since Logan's birth cooped up in our house, I jumped at the opportunity for her to go on a trip and have some fun with her cousins!  In addition, I was secretly looking forward to the extra sleep and relaxation that would come by going back to a one-child family for a few days!  So, after receiving both Ron's and Lia's approval, I packed up Lia's little bags on Thursday night and  sent her out the door.  Although Ron and I have both left Lia for our own vacations, she has never left us before!  It was very strange and a bit sad being on the other end.  I must admit that I had to fight back a tear or two as I watched her run up the driveway to Ron's truck Thursday night wearing her beloved Hello Kitty jamma dress and carrying her "comfy cozy" (a.k.a. her favorite blanket) while shouting, "I love you, mama!  I'll miss you!"  I was amazed and impressed by how brave and grown-up she acted!  As I had hoped, she ended up having a great time in Montana and I am so grateful to my parents for providing this wonderful opportunity for her to get out of the house and do something fun for a few days!  Thank you, mom and dad!


After driving to Montana with my parents and two of her cousins, Brynn and Callie, Lia attended Sarah Mae's baptism on Saturday.  Here is my big brother, Brent, with Sarah before the big moment.  I'm so proud of her for making this very important step in her life!

My brother and his cute family.


Sarah newly baptized and glowing in her beautiful, white dress!


Lia then enjoyed some quality cousin playtime on Saturday evening and most of Sunday.  Here she is working on projects with Callie and Sarah Mae.


The girls moved into the living room at one point to build a large nest for the tiny bird in Callie's hand.  Here they are looking rather silly--especially that Kelsey!


Hanging out on the stairs with the bird and his very large egg (that would be the balloon in Lia's hand).


Grandpa took the kids out Sunday afternoon to get some exercise and sunshine!  Lia and Sarah enjoyed playing at the park.


And so did her older cousins, Kelsey and Brynn.


After the park, the group moved on to the carousel where they enjoyed a few rounds on the horses!  Here are Sarah and Lia!


And Brynn and Kelsey!


Ever since Hawaii, Lia has loved staying in hotels.  When I asked Lia what her favorite part of the trip was, she responded that it was staying in the hotel.  Silly girl!  Here she is eating fishy crackers in bed.  What were my parents thinking?!


Although Brynn and Callie stayed at my brother's house the first two nights of the weekend, they joined Lia and my parents in the hotel room the last night.  Here is Brynn reading Lia her bedtime stories.  What a nice, older cousin!

No comments:

Post a Comment