Saturday, March 24, 2012

Our Little Fish

There are a couple of things my family is known for and one of them is that we LOVE water!  My parents raised my brothers and me spending the majority of our summers swimming and skiing on Lake Samm.  I want my children to develop this same love of the water and one of the ways that this is achieved is through many hours of swimming lessons.  Since my little Lia recently turned four, I decided that the time had come to get this process going!  So, I signed her up for classes a few weeks ago and we started them today.  It was so much fun to watch Lia and her three, little classmates following their instructors in the kiddie pool.  Lia had so much fun and can't wait to go back next Saturday.  In fact, she keeps on asking me how many more days til her next lesson...


Lia waiting for her instructors to show up before class started.
 

Hanging onto the edge of the pool!


Lia going for a "swim" with one of her teachers.


Lia practicing the "starfish" float.
 

Just chillin' at the side of the pool.
 

Lia and her entire class.

Practicing her kicks with the teacher's help.


And kicking away!!

Until next week...

1 comment:

  1. She looks so cautious--are her teachers like 12 years old, or am I just getting seriously that out of touch with the world?? Don't say old...

    ReplyDelete