Monday, May 21, 2012

A Baby and His Bassinet

Since Logan has slept through the night consistently for the past three weeks, the time has come to move him from his bassinet next to my side of the bed to his nursery down the hallway.  Sniff.  I never thought it would be, but this "step" in my children's lives is actually a bit emotional for me.  Silly, I know, but it's the truth.  Due to the fact that the bassinet is going to be taken apart and packed up soon, I thought that I should get a few pictures of my baby boy in it since it's a sentimental piece of furniture in my family.  This bassinet is actually 73 years old and was first purchased by my grandparents in New York City when my dad came into the world.  Since then, it has been the first bed for many babies in my family from my aunt and uncle to one of my cousins to my brothers and me to some of my nieces and nephews and now to my own children.  I love that Lia and Logan slept their first few months of their lives in their grandpa's bassinet.  It's just a special thing to me that the legacy and love in this bassinet goes back three generations.



No comments:

Post a Comment