Monday, May 14, 2012

A Week of Celebrating!

Yesterday wrapped up a week of celebrating both my birthday and Mother's Day.  I enjoyed some wonderful time with my family and felt spoiled more than once.  Thank you everyone for making "my days" special. 


Since beautiful weather was predicted for the day before my birthday, my mom suggested that she pack a lunch and come down to my neck of the woods to go on a picnic with my kiddos and me.  We took her to a park that Ron and I recently discovered in Tacoma that overlooks Puget Sound.  It was so much fun to share the day with her!

My mom even packed a little dessert complete with a candle.  Here is Lia helping me blow it out!

Lia enjoyed exploring the new playground at the the park.


Lia and Logan with their beloved grandma.


A close-up of my darling boy snuggling into grandma's shoulder. 


Since Lia had her weekly ballet lesson on my birthday, Ron suggested that we hit our favorite Greek restaurant afterwards.  As always, it was delicious and just a treat not having to wash dishes!


My dear friend, Stephanie, made me an incredible strawberry and lemon shortcake for my birthday dessert.  Here is Lia getting ready to help me blow out my one and only candle!


On Saturday, Ron and I went on our first date post-Logan to celebrate my birthday again.  We got a babysitter for Lia and took our little boy with us. 

After Ron slipped away from the restaurant for a few minutes to take Logan for a little drive to help him fall asleep, our food was served! 


On Mother's Day morning, Lia and Ron surprised me with a card and gift!

After church, we drove up to my parents' house to celebrate Mother's Day.  We were blessed with 80 degree weather and had a fabulous time eating and playing outdoors.


In addition to celebrating Mother's Day together, we were able to meet the newest addition to our family--baby Trenton who was born three weeks ago.  I am so excited that Logan with have a boy cousin to grow up with in the year to come.  I couldn't get over the difference in size between these two cousins who are only 10 weeks apart!


After dinner, the kids enjoyed some time playing outdoors with my brothers.


Callie, Lia, and Vivi somehow ended up decorated stuffed animals with various leaves from my mom's flowerbeds.  Oh, the the activities the girls come up with!


We celebrated both Natalee's and my birthday while we were there.  I'm always looking for any excuse to eat a good dessert! 

We gathered for gift opening after dessert.  Here is my mom opening up one of her gifts.  I just love this lady!


Reading a card and laughing with my chubby boy's assistance.


Laughing with the family while opening a gift from my parents!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I am so mad at your facebooklessness! I completely depend on fb these days as my "birthday reminder" for all my friends, but alas you are not on there and therefore, I am now a full week late wishing you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! And the fact that your stomach is already flat again kind of makes me hate you. But unfortunately I like you too much to hate you for long :))

    ReplyDelete