Thursday, May 9, 2013

37th Birthday!

Somehow another birthday snuck up on me yesterday.  Not sure how this keeps on happening as I still feel twenty in so many ways.  Regardless, Mother Nature gave me some beautiful weather as her gift so we decided to celebrate outside!  For the second year in a row, my mom offered to pack a picnic for my kiddos and me and take us to the park that we love with a view of the Sound next to the Pt. Defiance Zoo.  This year my dad actually agreed to go which is a rare treat!  On my actual birthday, Ron did something he has never done before--he made me dinner!  How fun is that?  I was treated to an Indian curry dish out on the back deck with red velvet cupcakes for dessert.  Ron and I decided months ago to forgo all gifts to each other this year (for birthdays, anniversary, Mother's and Father's Day, and Christmas) due to the two, big "gifts" that we are giving each other--our trip to Japan and our new home.  So I was surprised to find a bouquet of tulips and a bag of my favorite candies waiting for me when I woke up!  I am so grateful for the special people in my life who made me feel special on "my" day.


Lia and Logan getting ready to help me blow out my candle during our picnic.
 

 
A successful "blow out!"


Grandpa feeding Logan some strawberry shortcake.
 

 
The children enjoyed some time playing at the playground after lunch. 

 
Lia heading down the slide.
 
 
Logan deciding which way to go.  This boy is crazy about playgrounds now!

 
I just love this picture!  If you know my dad, you would know that he works wherever he goes.  He cleans and fixes things whenever he sees a need.  So, he decided to clean out the grooves in between the boards of the playset after seeing that they were full of debris.  Logan was so fascinated by this that he just stopped to watch grandpa with awe.  So cute!

 
My little poser!
 
 
Lia helping me to open up my birthday gift from grandma and grandpa.

 
A group photo with grandma.
 
 
Here we are eating curry out on the deck on my actual birthday!


Ron got me one of those funny, birthday cards that sings when you open it up.  This particular card sings Gloria Gaynor's, "I Will Survive."  Logan loved it so much that he would just open it up over and over again and listen and dance to the song.  It was so funny to watch that he just made me laugh so hard! 
 


Lia then decided to join in on the disco party and we started dancing to the song!  Here are a few funny pics of Lia's incredible dance moves and dance faces.
 

 
Here's another...


And another...
 

 
And one more!

 
The children helping me blow out my candle!


No comments:

Post a Comment